Here are some interesting charts showing the statistical data gathered over the 3 months starting May 1 2010, up to August 1 2010 on Dev4Press.com: browsers and operating systems used by visitors. And for browsers, data is much different than world wide data.
MS Windows is the most used OS in the world, and this chart shows the same for visits on this website. These 5 OS here made up 96.2% of all OS tracked. Different Linux distributions and mobile phones tracked the rest 3.8%.
There are 2 browsers charts. First one shows browsers regardless of the browser version. Firefox browsers dominate, with Google Chrome in second position.
If we take a look at browser versions, chart shows that Firefox 3.6 and Chrome 5 are most popular choices.
MS Internet Explorer is still most used browsers in the world, but for individual websites and websites that are specialized as Dev4Press is, you see that visitors are more informed and are using browsers that are leading in the web standards implementation. I prefer using Opera, but these charts don’t include data from my visits to the website.
In November, I will post another overview and compare it to this.