I have completed the second stage of testing different WordPress versions. This time I have tested on some of the blog pages using the same conditions as for the previous tests. But, in this case, I have also tested number of SQL queries executed. And finally, we can see improvements in WP 2.8 performance on the server side.
Here is the first post with results from benchmark tests I conducted over the past few days. Before we proceed to results, I will give more details on the methods of measurement used for the administration part of the tests. Results contain both memory usage, time needed for server to prepare the results and the total output size.
After spending last few days researching how plugins (and in some cases themes also) affect the performance of WordPress, and conducting various tests to determine, speed, memory usage and output size under different setups, I have decided to extend my first plans on what to benchmark in WordPress. So, here’s what’s coming…
As I have announced already, I will going to benchmark various aspects of WordPress and plugins used. Before I proceed publishing benchmark results I am working on right now, I want to describe the benchmark setup I will use, WordPress versions and plugins that will be installed. So here is the test environment.