First Beta release for upcoming GD Custom Posts and Taxonomies Tools Pro 4.0 is finally here. There are few things planned still missing and in development, but this release is stable and considerably improved with many new features and bugs fixed. Plugin now requires WordPress 3.2.
Here is the list of new features and changes:
- Custom Fields: currency and custom unit (energy, length, memory and many more)
- Reordering custom post types and custom taxonomies using drag’n’drop.
- Custom taxonomies list of needed templates files.
- You have now new option to duplicate post types or taxonomies (you need to set new name and avoid conflicts with rewrite rules).
- Adding custom post types and taxonomies with new Quick Add option, where you need to set just few basic settings, and get rest filled automatically.
- Third party custom post types can use custom rewrite rules. But, there is no guarantee that it will work.
- jQueryUI 1.9.2 is now used, new qTip2 version added and gdr2 library updated.
- Support for WP 3.0 and WP 3.1 is removed.
And, for the final version there are few more things planned:
- Custom fields: posts and users selection. User field can limit users to authors.
- Adding meta box groups. Each group can hold one or more meta boxes, and display them using tabs.
- Custom fields can be have multiple copies in a meta box with option to add more of the same type.
By the end of the week, last release in 3.8 branch will be released, with several bugs fixed from this Beta #1 release. 3.8.4 version will be the last one to support WordPress 3.0 and 3.1. And as always, if you find any problems, please report them in the forums.