New Beta version for upcoming GD Custom Posts and Taxonomies Tools Pro 4.0 is released with further improvements to meta boxes and custom fields: dimension field, custom fields with repeaters new meta boxes framework, improved display and few more changes and fixes.
Here is the list of new features and changes since Beta #1:
- New custom fields framework. Each field has own classes. Allows adding new custom fields.
- Custom fields: dimensions, time and date-time.
- Custom fields repeaters, allowing adding more than one value for custom field. Not all field types support repeaters.
- Meta boxes rendering is much improved.
- Internal module for content custom fields.
- Removed more obsolete elements.
- Total of 21 custom field types available right now.
And, for the final version there are few more things planned:
- Custom fields: posts and users selection. User field can limit users to authors.
- Adding meta box groups. Each group can hold one or more meta boxes, and display them using tabs.
And as always, if you find any problems, please report them in the forums. This version makes many critical changes, that might break things, so any bug report is greatly appreciated. Also, plugin will get 3.8.4 release with additional fixes for users that don’t upgrade to 4.0 because they are still using WP 3.0 and 3.1.
GD CPT Tools Pro Special Discount
For the next 10 days (ending December 11 2012), to celebrate soon to be released major 4.0 version, you can get 20% discount for this plugin, Index module or Dev4Press Plugins Pack by using coupon: GDCPTPRO4 at the checkout on ShareIt.