Development for GD bbPress Toolbox Pro 4.7 is well underway, and it will be released on Saturday, May 27, 2017, to celebrate the plugin’s fifth birthday. Right now you can test the first Beta version.
Anniversary edition of the GD bbPress Toolbox Pro with version 4.7 brings many new features, prepares the way for the version 5.0 (due in October) with many plugin core changes and fixes few more things reported in the past few weeks. Plugin now requires WordPress 4.3 or newer, and bbPress 2.5 or newer, and it is tested with current bbPress 2.6 Beta version. For version 5.0, the plan is to have major changes in the plugin structure, and before we get to that, some preparations are needed, and the new system with core objects is added in this 4.7 version and will be expanded more leading to 5.0 architecture changes.
Version 4.7 includes following new features:
- SyntaxHighlighter updated to version 4.0.1
- Option for TinyMCE editor for Quicktags (HTML editor)
- Notify keymasters and moderators on new topic
- Notify subscribers on the reply edit (similar to on topic edit)
- Prevent closing of Settings page if there are unsaved changes
- Widgets interface HTML5 markup and ARIA properties for accessibility
- More administration accessibility improvements
- Disable plugin if using outdated WordPress or bbPress
And more updates and fixes:
- WordPress 4.3 or newer required
- Few tweaks for SEO module
- Some plugin code reorganisation
- Fixed few issues with notifications
If you have any more suggestions, please let me know. I can’t guarantee that everything can be added to this version, it depends on the time available and complexity of the requested features. For now, test the current Beta version, and please report any issues you find in the support forums.