New major update for GD Rating System Pro is in development, but due to the number of changes it brings and required testing, required updates for all available addons, the release will be a bit delayed.
The initial plan was to release the plugin update in the second half of this month, but some of the changes have proven very complicated to properly test and on top of that, there are huge under the hood changes that will require additional time to make all existing addons compatible. So, when released, GD Rating System Pro 3.7 will be released along with all 10 existing addons updated.
The new version brings several major new features and updates, and many more small changes and enhancements.
- Improvements to Query objects: specify published date period or exact dates for posts and comments, including changes in how the query is built.
- Massive changes to the settings rules system with a full rewrite of the rules format with a tool to update old rules to new ones. And, introducing the term based filters for rules allowing to make changes to rating methods based on the terms post belongs too – it works for all public post types and all public taxonomies.
- Massive changes to the core classes for the addons and methods that deal with settings. This is one of the breaking changes that affect all addons as well.
- Big improvements to the organization of widgets interfaces with new base classes for lists and single blocks to improve the processing and control.
- Improved loading of JS and CSS files. This will allow loading files only on pages that actually have ratings displayed or active.
This version will include several bug fixes, it will have many small updates and changes. As for the release date, this is currently not set in stone, but I hope to release it in the first week of June. Also, one of the reasons for extra time is the new demo that involves new settings rules along with the WooCommerce shop.