GD Security Toolbox Pro is a new Dev4Press plugin dedicated to hardening WordPress security. Plugin monitors security related events and includes wide range of tools to trap spammers and stop malicious attempts.
Old GD Press Tools Pro licenses
If you purchased GD Press Tools Pro before March 1, 2016, you will get GD Security Toolbox Pro license for free. It will be linked to the GD Press Tools Pro license, and for as long as that license is active, linked license will be active too. If GD Press Tools Pro license expires, you will lose licenses for sGD Security Toolbox Pro too.
GD Security Toolbox Pro requires WordPress 4.0 and PHP 5.3. To get a quick overview of the new plugin, check out the video below.
Core and Addons Features
Some of the plugin features are considered as the core of the plugin and they are always active. This includes security log, firewall, registration control, Project Honeypot integration and notification system. There is also a set of tools for the use of online scanners: Sucuri, VirustTotal, ProjectHoneypot and Qualys SSL. And, all other features are in form of addons:
- Antispam: detect and remove spam from comments, trackbacks, bbPress topics, and replies.
- Htaccess Hardening: add over 20 security tweaks into main .htaccess Apache file.
- Security Tweaks: 12 tweaks to improve security.
- Login Honeypot: add a hidden field that spambots will always fill.
- Login Limit: limit number of failed login attempt in a period of time for each IP.
- reCaptcha: add Google reCaptcha protection into various WordPress forms.
- Username Trap: trap spambots attempting to use forbidden usernames for login.
- Live Monitor: see all security events live with Geo Location and world map display.
Plugin is available for download, and if you have the licenses, you can jump right in and test it. The plugin is stable and tested, but it is still possible that there are some bugs left, and I would be grateful if you can report any problems you find. But, this is a brand new plugin, and it is advisable to spend few days testing it on staging or development server first.
I am updating plugin documentation and new videos will be uploaded in the next few days. If you need some specific help, not currently covered, please let me know or stop by the support forums.