Here are few things that you need to know about using this plugin.
- Dev4Press Updater is a free plugin, and you can download and install it without purchasing any of the Dev4Press plugins or themes.
- To use the Dev4Press Updater plugin, you need a valid API Key that is associated with your Dev4Press account.
- Updates are provided for as long as you have a valid and active license for the products you want to update, based on the API Key.
- By default, the Updater is checking for updates twice a day. And, you have a button for manually checking for updates.
- Updater sends tracking information back to the Dev4Press website to authenticate the request, identify you and provide support-related information including the version of WordPress, PHP, and MySQL used.
And, there are some limitations related to using this plugin:
- Any attempt made to change the Dev4Press Updater to modify or falsify data sent by the Dev4Press Updater, modifying data sent by other means is not permitted. We reserve the right to disable any download and update rights if such an attempt is discovered.
- To minimize the strain on the Dev4Press server, each website is limited to a maximum of 8 update checks each day. If you go over this limit, your website IP will be temporarily banned from accessing the Dev4Press website. If the limit abuse continues, your website IP will be permanently banned.
- If the update system is abused, we reserve the right to disable your license.
By using Dev4Press Updater you agree to these rules.
Since version 3.6, Dev4Press Updater will also check for the version expiration.
If you don’t update Dev4Press Updater for longer than 6 months, the plugin will show notice reminding you to update. If you use the older than one year, you will no longer be able to check for updates at all. By using the Updater, you agree to keep it up to date, or you will lose the ability to update plugins using outdated Updater versions.
- Version 3.8.3, released on September 11, 2018. Expires on September 11, 2019.
- Version 3.9, released on October 26, 2018. Expires on October 26, 2019.
- Version 4.0.5, released on April 7, 2020. Expires on April 7, 2021.
- Version 4.1, released on May 7, 2020. Expires on May 7, 2021.
- Version 4.2, released on May 18, 2020. Expires on May 18, 2021.
- Version 4.3, released on November 13, 2020. Expires on November 13, 2021.
- Version 4.4.1, released on April 15, 2021. Expires on April 15, 2022.