Access to Support is available to all license holders with valid and up to date license.
If your license has expired, and you failed to renew, you can’t access support. Support includes access to support forums, documentation (knowledge base), and tutorials.
Users with Agency licenses have access to the Priority Support forum. Support forums, knowledge base, and Priority Support Forum are located on a subdomain: support.dev4press.com.
Support In General
Here are some basic support rules and information.
Make sure that you read this list carefully, so we can avoid problems with support and make it efficient and fast.
- Twitter direct messages and tweets can’t be used for support, and all support-related questions sent through Twitter will be ignored.
- Facebook messages and posts can’t be used for support, and all support-related questions sent through Facebook will be ignored.
- Feel free to use Facebook or Twitter to ask a pre-purchase question, but don’t use it for support
- Before asking for support, please check plugin/theme requirements and make sure that your system supports them.
- For the list of the supported version of PHP, WordPress, and MySQL, check out our development policy page.
- With each support request, you must enter the plugin/addon/theme version and WordPress version. PHP and MySQL versions can be provided and can be useful for some issues.
- Response time for any support request doesn’t cover weekends or other non-work days like holidays or maintenance of the website/forum/server.
- Holidays and maintenance-related periods will be announced at least two weeks ahead of the publicly open announcements sub-forum.
- Directly sent emails for support will be ignored and deleted.
- If you use modified WordPress (changed some of the core files), and you have problems using the plugins, support can’t be provided.
- If you are replacing built-in jQuery that comes with WordPress and loading external jQuery version, support can’t be provided, because all our plugins are developed according to WordPress development recommendations to use internal jQuery.
- We support the use of our plugins and themes with official releases of WordPress only!
- If you have modified our plugins in any way, support can’t be provided. We support our plugins only if used in the state you have downloaded them in.
- You also MUST use plugins downloaded from this website alone (lite or free editions can be downloaded also from WordPress.org), to avoid unauthorized modifications and make sure that we can help you at all.
- You must have a valid license for a product you need support for (Pro plugins).
- We do not provide support for products downloaded or obtained illegally without the purchased license.
- Make sure to check knowledge base for more information on each product.
- Support is available in English only. Do not use other languages to create topics in theÂ support forum, reply to topics or comment on knowledge base articles. All topics, replies, or comments that are not written in English will be removed.
Before asking questions in the support forum or using priority support, make sure to check knowledge base first.
- Each product has the own section in the knowledge base with FAQs and articles.
- Each product forum is connected to the knowledge base, and the product knowledge base page is linked to the forum using a widget on every page.
- The Knowledge Base articles that deal with code examples are written for users that know how to use PHP and are familiar with WordPress development: actions and filters, conditional functions, loop…
- The knowledge base on Dev4Press can’t teach you PHP and WordPress basics, use official WordPress codex to get started with WordPress development to understand how WordPress works.
Support is available during workdays, from Monday to Friday, 10:00 to 18:00 (CET or GMT+1).
But, depending on current work, support might be available outside of the normal support hours.
TheÂ Dev4Press team will provide support through the support forum.
This is the principal way to get support if using tutorials and documentation is not enough. The initial response to all topics in the forum during work hours is usually less than 6 hours. For most queries, the resolution time is between 6 and 36 hours. If the submitted query is more complex, response and resolution times are between 24 and 72 hours. Resolution time doesn’t include weekends.
- Keep on topic! Questions must be added to correct forums, or they will be deleted.
- If you don’t have a license for a product you need help with, don’t post questions in other open forums. We will remove such topics.
- Check the forum for previously discussed topics to avoid duplicating content, and to speed things up.
- Support forums can be used not only to report bugs, but you can also ask questions about any of the plugin’s features, get help in using plugin or theme, add suggestions for future versions.
- All queries in the forum are subject to support time restrictions, but be sure that everything will be answered as soon as possible.
- Do not post links to third-party WordPress-related websites (plugins or themes) that can be interpretedÃ‚Â as an advertisement.
- Do not add links to images hosted on third-party websites, they will be removed. If you need to add images, upload them as attachments.
- Do not use support forums to discuss things related to your Dev4Press account or your licenses. If you have any questions related to accounts or licenses, use the contact form.
Priority Support is available to users with agency licenses for plugins or themes through the priority support forum.
The initial response to all priority topics during work hours is usually less than 2 hours. Resolution time is between 2 and 24 hours. If the submitted query is more complex, response and resolution times are between 8 and 48 hours.
Depending on the availability of the support team, priority support response can include weekends or time outside normal workdays work hours periods. This is not guaranteed, but we will try to respond to all priority support tickets as soon as humanly possible.
The Dev4Press team will fix all reported bugs in the shortest time possible.
In most cases that will be within 24 hours of the initial report, or up to 72 hours for more complex problems. The bug fixing process will generate a new plugin version to be released as soon as possible.
Support doesn’t include custom coding or development.
If you have written a piece of code that should perform some functionÃ‚ and it is not working, we can help you and fix the problem, give advice on how to do things, provide small snippets as examples for use or styling, help with templates. But we will not write whole sections of code that can be considered as custom work. If you need custom coding related to WordPress or our plugins, custom work prices apply.
If you need custom-coded or developed features, check out our Services page with development information and prices.