Finally, long awaited WordPress 2.9 has been released. Here is the overview of the most important new features and changes in this latest version, and trust me that there are many new interesting things. Also, read about Dev4Press plugins compatibility.
WordPress doesn’t change much the already established interface created with WP 2.7 and WP 2.8. But, there are number of features that you might find very useful. But, first and most important is that there are many fixes in this release over 2.8 so, the upgrade is at least worthy of that. Here are some of the new features:
- Trash: instead of direct deletion of posts, they are marked as trash. So if you delete something by accident you can restore it.
- Theme templates: for categories, pages and tags based on slugs.
- Image editor: basic operations allowing resize, rotate of uploaded images and more.
- New libraries: updated SimplePie and TinyMCE.
- Embed: direct embedding of different media types in posts and options to expand them usingÂ oEmbed.
There are many more things, and you can check full list here.
As for the compatibility of Dev4Press plugin, I can confirm that they are all fully WP 2.9 compatible, and you can safely upgrade your blog, none of our plugins will brake.