Dev4Press Network is now updated to new v6 version. As the number indicates, this is the 6th version of Dev4Press website since it was launched in 2009. It has a brand new look, better content organization, it is more streamlined and easier to get around.
Dev4Press Network v6 uses new custom built theme called Vexillum. This theme is built around xScape2 Theme Framework version 1.1, and it uses Foundation for Sites 6.2.
To see all the changes, you can just start browsing the new website, but, here is the overview of all changes that new website brings.
- Completely new design. All sites in the network use the same theme, unified navigation and footer area.
- Old GD Custom Posts and Taxonomies Tools Pro plugin is removed, and it is replaced by our new GD Content Tools Pro plugin.
- New GD Crumbs Navigator Pro plugin is used everywhere.
- New layout and organization of blog posts, archives and navigation for the blog.
- The blog is updated for better readability, and focus is on the content.
- No more sidebars in most areas. Sidebars remain in use only on the support website.
- All micro websites for individual plugins are removed.
- Main plugins site now replaces micro websites and offers much more information about each plugin, with expanded features pages, additional articles about plugins and more.
- Some plugins have Benchmark articles measuring the impact of each plugin on website performance. This will be expanded to more plugins soon.
- Themes and Framework websites are removed. Read more about it here.
- Design for support website is improved.
- Account dashboard website has a new design, but it also has some important usability improvements.
- Unified navigation with fixed top menu. This navigation changes for support website to include important links to support content.
It is expected that some errors remain due to the massive scope of changes, and if you notice any issues, please report them in the comments or in the forum.