GD Content Tools Pro plugin will be released next week, on September 15, 2016. The plugin will have version number set to 5.0, and it is fully rewritten continuation of GD Custom Posts and Taxonomies Tools Pro plugin.
GD Content Tools Pro development is mostly done, and this week will be used to prepare knowledge base articles and videos about the new plugin to help you move from old GD Custom Posts and Taxonomies Tools Pro plugin.
Here is the overview of the plans for this last week before the release.
- Final testing for the plugin and preparation for the release.
- Knowledge base articles and tutorials about the plugin.
- Videos to show plugin features and tools.
- Newsletter announcement to all users with an active license for GD Custom Posts and Taxonomies Tools Pro plugin.
- All users with an active license for the old plugin will get the access to the new plugin.
- Finalization of the mini website to showcase all plugin features.
Migration from old plugin
To see what to expect with the transfer of settings and data from GD Custom Posts and Taxonomies Tools Pro plugin, check out the article in the knowledge base: Migration from v4 plugin version.
Old and new plugin licensing
GD Custom Posts and Taxonomies Tools Pro is no longer available for purchase. Pages related to this plugin will remain active for now, but they will show notice and links to new plugin pages.
Active licenses for the old plugin will include access to new plugin too. If you have old type subscription based license, that license will auto renew as usual until canceled. If you have new type renewal based license, renewal will still remain for the old plugin, and you will have access to the new plugin. If your GD Custom Posts and Taxonomies Tools Pro license expires, you will lose access to both old and new plugins.
The new plugin will be available for purchase from September 15, 2016. The first version will be released on the same day.
Update, September 15, 2016.
Due to some unforeseen issues, plugin release is delayed. A current new release date is September 20, 2016.