Development for upcoming GD bbPress Toolbox Pro 4.8 is well underway, and it is currently scheduled to be released on Tuesday, August 15, 2017, with many new features and updates.
Version 4.8 continues work done with previous 4.7 related to plugin architecture and code organization, with the goal of making plugin easier to maintain and expand with new features. Loading of plugin features is improved, the organization of theme templates is changed to be more in line with our other plugins and bbPress. And, plugin brings many new features, all requested by the plugin users in the previous few months, with some features waiting even longer.
Version 4.8 includes following new features:
- Attachments: show preview of attachments to non-logged-in users
- Notify topic author on the reply edit (with checkbox)
- Control over ‘site public’ status used by some plugin features
- Centralized cache object to improve plugin performance
- Caching of the thanks queries to improve topic thread performance
- Caching of the report queries to improve topic thread performance
- Caching of the attachments queries to improve forum and topic performance
And more updates and fixes:
- New actions and filters in Signatures
- New actions and filters in Privacy module
- Major code reorganisation
- Several reported bugs fixed
In October, major 5.0 version will be released. The goal with this release is to make it easier to setup (it will have setup wizard), it will have a new dashboard, it will rely more on using the Help tab area, improvements to user roles and capabilities use and more.
If you have any more suggestions, please let me know. I can’t guarantee that everything can be added to this version, it depends on the time available and complexity of the requested features. For now, test the current Beta version, and please report any issues you find in the support forums.