Development for a major GD Rating System Pro 3.1 version is well underway, and if everything goes as planned, it will be released on March 6, 2018 along with the Multi Rating Addon 2.0.
This is very important release because it will focus on the plugin core and especially on the templates and rendering of the rating blocks. Some of the changes are very deep and change the way the templates render methods work to focus on the filter/action based modifications.
Here is the list of the general changes:
- Store IP’s as MD5 hashed strings
- Dynamic Load: options for visitors and users
- Rewritten process of template loading
- Function to get loaded template
- Functions to check if inside widget or shortcode
- Updated YASR plugin transfer
- Few minor updates and bug fixes
As for the templates and rendering, there are a number of changes coming:
- Old text() and user_vote() methods are deprecated
- New methods replacing them will use different way to render content
- Filter for all rendering methods arguments
- Old Default templates are renamed to Classic
- New Default templates are using filters and actions to control layout elements
Over the next few days, new articles and guides will be added to the knowledge base related to all the new changes. All customized template will continue to work with old method in use, but it is highly advisable to switch to updated rendering code.
All deprecated functions, filters and methods (from 3.0 and 3.1) will be removed in version 4.0 in December.
If you have any more suggestions, please let me know. I can’t guarantee that everything can be added to this version, it depends on the time available and complexity of the requested features.