General Data Protection Regulation (or GDPR for short) is the law requiring a business to protect privacy and data of European Union citizens. We are in process of updating the Dev4Press to be compliant with the GDPR.
GDPR comes into effect on May 25th, 2018. If you want to learn more about it, you can check out the official homepage of the EU GDPR regulations. Even if the regulation is for the protection of EU citizens, it will greatly benefit the citizens from all over the world, because all websites that deal with visitors personal information have to implement GDPR for all visitors, because doing it selectively is not really an option or easy to do.
The Dev4Press Network is in the process of updating various areas of the website to comply with the GDPR law. As it stands now, we plan to launch an updated website on May 12 and May 13, 2018. No downtime is expected for this upgrade, and the changes that will be included are:
- small updates to Terms and Conditions to outline new privacy-related information.
- centralized page to list all the policies for privacy, cookies, support and development.
- comments form will be updated with the new checkbox to confirm submitting of personal information.
- all contact forms will be updated with the new checkbox to confirm submitting of personal information.
- newsletters subscription process will be updated to be fully GDPR compliant.
- a new page will be added to request the deletion of the account and all personally identifiable information.
- a new page will be added to request archive of all personally identifiable information stored on Dev4Press.
- contact forms will be updated (where is needed) to help to get security related information.
To implement all this, we will be relying on the next WordPress update that will include GDPR related features, but most of the things will be implemented and tailored specifically for Dev4Press website. If you have any questions related to the GDPR implementation, please, let us know.